Software Engineer (AUTOSAR)
Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan (48331)
Elektrobit (EB) - Driving the Future of Software! is looking for a Software Engineer to be a part of its Automotive Team. This is a full-time position available at our office in Farmington Hills, MI. We offer excellent benefits, matching 401k, 3 weeks vacation, gym reimbursement and much more!
EB is a fast-growing, award winning, global company with over 1,900 employees that provides leading edge technology solutions to the automotive industry. In the automotive space, EB is a leading global provider of software solutions to many car makers, including Audi, BMW, Ford, General Motors, Mercedes, Porsche and Volkswagen. EB is at the forefront of the latest development in automotive software, including user interfaces, voice recognition, driver assistance, navigation software, and autonomous driving features. The software we are working on is highly relevant as it becomes part of the driver experience and it enables new exciting features, such as AppLink for Ford’s SYNC technology.
EB is a wholly owned, independent subsidiary of Continental AG
The Software Engineer will work as part of a global team to design and develop embedded software for electronic control units and support customers. Occasional travel will be required.
For this position, a combination of creativity, problem solving, software development, and customer interaction skills are required. Programming language is C.
o Gather and analyze requirements
o Embedded software engineering
o Configure BSW (Basic Software) according to OEM requirements
o Integrate 3rd party AUTOSAR or legacy modules with EB tresos AutoCore
o Create demo applications for new target platforms
• Customer support
o First level of support for EB's customers in the Americas
o Analyze customer bug reports and delegate within EB
o Assist customer in resolving configuration errors
• Experience with AUTOSAR or equivalent embedded operating system
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree
• Good C programming skils
• Good source/Assembly level debugging skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Good knowledge in Realtime Operating Systems
• Good knowledge in embedded software development environments and tools including IDE, editors, compilers, linkers, emulators, debuggers, analysis and monitoring tools
• Good knowledge of 32-bit microcontrollers (e.g. NXP, Infineon, Freescale, Renesas etc.)
• Excellent listening and communications skills – written and verbal
• Ability to work independently and in small teams
Additional Skills (nice to have):
• Hands-on experience with OEM/Tier1 infrastructure software (basic software)
• Experience with Embedded Ethernet, CAN, Instrumentation, Diagnostics, Bootloaders