Configuration and Release Manager
Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan (48331)
EB (www.elektrobit.com) has a job opening for a full-time Configuration and Release Manager with our automotive software business at our Farmington Hills, MI location. We offer excellent benefits, matching 401k, 3 weeks of vacation, gym reimbursement and much more!
EB is a fast growing global company with approximately 1,900 employees that provides leading edge technology solutions to the automotive industry. In the automotive space, EB is a leading global provider of software solutions to many car makers, including Audi, BMW, Ford, General Motors, Mercedes, Porsche and Volkswagen. EB is at the forefront of the latest development in automotive software, including user interfaces, voice recognition, driver assistance, navigation software, and autonomous driving features. The software we are working on is highly relevant as it becomes part of the driver experience and it enables new exciting features, such as AppLink for Ford’s SYNC technology.
EB is a wholly owned, independent subsidiary of Continental AG.
The Configuration and Release Manager will work as part of a global team to deliver automotive software projects, primarily in the areas of in-vehicle infotainment systems. We are looking for team members with strong communication and software development skills that thrive in a fast paced agile project environment.
• Create, maintain, and administer the project environment, including versioning, backup, archiving, and management of user access rights
• Create and maintain the project software configuration management plan
• Identify and record the status of configuration items
• Conduct configuration audits, and trigger necessary actions to close gaps identified during the audit
• Create baselines according to the software configuration management plan
• Create and maintain the release strategy and release checklist required for successful software release
• Track release milestones and all tasks required according to the strategy and checklist, including coordinating delivery of third party software for integration into the release
• Ensure that a software release is ready to be distributed to a customer and that the release package is complete, with valid and available review criteria and tools, and obtaining approval for release from stakeholders
• Interaction with the Build and Integration Manager, Release Manager, Project Manager, and Program Managers to ensure product launch readiness for target dates.
• Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
• Minimum of 2 years professional experience in embedded software development
• Knowledge of product release strategies within Agile software projects
• Experience with version control systems (Git, SVN) and scripting languages within version control systems
• Understand embedded software requirements and embedded software architectures
• Understand software build and integration for Linux, QNX, and Android systems
• Outgoing personality and team player capabilities
• Excellent communication (verbal & written) skills
• Experience working with customers
• Ability to work well in a global environment