Software Development Engineer in Test
Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan (48331)
EB (www.elektrobit.com) is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to be a part of its Automotive Team. This is a full-time position available at our office in Farmington Hills, MI. We offer excellent benefits, matching 401k, 3 weeks’ vacation, gym reimbursement and much more!
EB is a fast growing global company with over 1,900 employees that provides leading edge technology solutions to the Automotive Industry. In the automotive space, EB is a leading global provider of software solutions to many car makers, including Audi, BMW, Ford, Mercedes, Porsche and Volkswagen, only to name a few. EB is at the forefront of the latest development in automotive software, including user interfaces, voice recognition, driver assistance, navigation software, and advanced smartphone connectivity features. The software we are working on is highly relevant as it becomes part of the driver experience and it enables new exciting features, such as AppLink for Ford’s SYNC technology.
EB is a wholly owned, independent subsidiary of Continental AG.
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) will work as part of a global team to design and develop embedded software for electronic control units and support customers on- and off-site. Occasional travelling is required for customer support as well as for training purposes.
For this position, a combination of creativity, problem solving, embedded software development, and customer interaction skills are required. Programming language is C.
- Architect, Design, Implement and Execute Test cases (manually and automated)
- Scheduling and execution of test related activities (within an agile development process)
- Pro-active reporting of the produced artefacts (issues, results)
- Understanding of requirements and behavior of the components
- Setup Test environment and related hardware
- Find, report and track errors discovered during the testing
- Make sure the relevant team members are aware of critical findings
- Provide guidance and assistance on the testing process to team members as needed
- Pre-analysis and verification of bugs reported
- More than 5 years of experience in SW development including various test tool development with JAVA, Junit, Eclipse Plugin development, Appium and Python in automotive domain (infotainment, HMI and/or speech recognition systems)
- Understanding of various test levels, test types and international test standards
- Good experience with Test management tool like Quality Center or Silk Central
- Good experience with Defect management tool like Jira
- Good experience with version control system like SVN, GIT
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. JUnit, Python...)
- Accurate and careful working style, based on autonomous and self-reliant way of working
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Additional Skills (nice to have):
- ISTQB certification
- Experience with testing Android-based applications with Appium or similar
- Experience of working in scrum teams or projects done in an agile way
- Experience with Test Automation tools and frameworks
- Experience in Automotive industry and familiarity with QNX based systems
- Knowledge about workflows and algorithms for speech recognition
- Ability to provide a quality/maturity statement for the component/module
- Good understanding of overall system behavior
- Outgoing, self-confident personality and team player capabilities
- Interest in new technologies