Software Developer - Android
Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan (48331)
EB (www.elektrobit.com) has a job opening for a full-time Software Developer - Android with our automotive software business at our Farmington Hills, MI location. We offer excellent benefits, matching 401k, 3 weeks of vacation, gym reimbursement and much more!
EB is a fast growing global company with approximately 1,900 employees that provides leading edge technology solutions to the automotive industry. In the automotive space, EB is a leading global provider of software solutions to many car makers, including Audi, BMW, Ford, General Motors, Mercedes, Porsche and Volkswagen. EB is at the forefront of the latest development in automotive software, including user interfaces, voice recognition, driver assistance, navigation software, and autonomous driving features. The software we are working on is highly relevant as it becomes part of the driver experience and it enables new exciting features, such as AppLink for Ford’s SYNC technology.
EB is a wholly owned, independent subsidiary of Continental AG.
The Software Developer - Android will design and deliver software for in-vehicle infotainment systems. We are looking for team members with strong communication and software development skills that thrive in a fast paced agile project environment.
• Estimate efforts and implement features for automotive infotainment systems
• Integrate and adapt software from multiple development teams
• Analyze system behavior and implement improvements to meet performance targets
• Support/advise test team to define system test cases
• Active participation in global Agile Scrum teams responsible for Software development
• Minimum of 3 years professional experience in software development
• Experience developing Android services and JNI wrappers, as well as applications using JNI calls
• Java and C++ project experience
• Unit-Testing for Test Driven Development
• Experience with make, cmake, or other build systems
• Team player with outgoing personality and excellent communication skills
• Experience working directly with customers
• Demonstrates proactive learning outside of project work
• Experience with Android application development
• Experience with CTS testing on Android
• History of successful collaboration with Automotive OEMS and/or suppliers
• Experience at all phases of project/software lifecycle