Software Engineer – Driver Assistance
Location: Bothell, Washington (98021)EB (www.elektrobit.com) has multiple job openings for Software Engineers to be a part of its automotive software business in the USA. These are full-time positions available at our offices in Bothell, WA and San Jose, CA. We offer excellent benefits, matching 401k, 3 weeks vacation, gym reimbursement and much more!
EB is an award-winning and visionary global supplier of embedded solutions, cloud computing and services for the automotive industry. With more than 1,900 employee spanning 3 continents and 9 countries, EB is a leader in automotive software with over 25 years serving the industry. Our products power over 70 million vehicles and offer flexible, innovative software solutions for connected car infrastructure, human machine interface (HMI) technologies, navigation, driver assistance, electronic control units (ECUs), and software engineering services. We’ve established deep relationships with carmakers and suppliers. We understand software development in the automotive industry, having worked with carmakers, including Audi, BMW, Daimler, Ford, GM, Volkswagen Group, Volvo, and more on their global technology.
EB is a wholly owned, independent subsidiary of Continental AG.
These mid-level Embedded Software Engineers will support customer and R&D projects. Additionally, will support product development within EB and help define the project scopes, milestones and resources together with project managers and product owners. You will also work with project managers, software architects and developers to support them during project execution.
• Drive and innovate Highly Automated Driving (HAD) SW component development
• Perform presentations internally or externally directly with customers or the industry at technical conferences
• Initial concept development and project setup for Research and Development or customer projects
• Define and document the architecture for new functions and features
• Define requirements and analyze customer features for future SW components in our Highly Automated Driving product line
• Improve the structure of existing code
• Support the definition and improvement of processes, methods and tools for functional safety, perform tool- and software qualifications.
• Support the quotation process by doing detailed estimations
• Bachelor’s Degree in CS / CE / EE or equivalent
• We are looking for Mid and Senior level engineers
• Experience with ISO 26262 or IEC 61508 as well as embedded software development
• Knowledge about development processes, quality management
• Algorithmic expert in one or more of the following fields for HAD development: sensor data fusion for automotive, filter mechanisms, path planning, image processing for grid based sensor data, robotic decision making, control engineering, HMI for HAD
• Ability to write portable code
• Basic understanding in all and a deep knowledge in at least one of the following areas: automotive sensors and sensor data fusion, control theory for ADAS / HAD, situation interpretation and decision making in automotive environment
• Basic knowledge of bus protocols and controllers used in automotive environments, you are even experienced with some general purpose protocols
• Analyze performance bottlenecks and mitigate them (e.g. by using DMA, GPU)
• Expert C / C++ skills
• Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Strong analytical and debugging skills
• Prior experience leading small technical teams or mentoring other engineers
• Willingness to travel up to 50% (domestic and international)
• Experience with state of the art driver assistance systems
• Experience with modern micro controllers for embedded systems
• Experience with at least one compiler toolchain used in embedded systems, its language extensions and tools (linkers, debuggers, make)
• Typical programming libraries used on embedded Linux, e.g. C standard library, STL, boost