Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan (48331)
EB (www.elektrobit.com) has a job opening for a Quality Engineer to be a part of its automotive software business in the USA. This is a full-time position in our Farmington Hills, Michigan office. We offer excellent benefits, matching 401k, 3 weeks vacation, gym reimbursement and much more!
EB (www.elektrobit.com) is an award-winning and visionary global supplier of embedded solutions, cloud computing and services for the automotive industry. With more than 1,900 employees spanning 3 continents and 9 countries, EB is a leader in automotive software with over 25 years serving the industry. Our products power over 70 million vehicles and offer flexible, innovative software solutions for connected car infrastructure, human machine interface (HMI) technologies, navigation, driver assistance, electronic control units (ECUs), software engineering services and autonomous driving features.
We’ve established deep relationships with carmakers and suppliers. We understand software development in the automotive industry, having worked with carmakers, including Audi, BMW, Daimler, Ford, GM, Volkswagen Group, Volvo, and more on their global technology.
EB is a wholly owned, independent subsidiary of Continental AG.
The Quality Engineer will be a key team member driving our quality processes and standards. This individual will work with our Project and Quality Management departments, reviewing active projects on a regular basis to verify adherence to established quality standards.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Work with project management, test management, and engineering teams to create all the documentation needed to be compliant with EB quality processes.
• Ensure software phase quality gates and processes are executed in accordance with EB software quality standards (static analysis, code review, etc), including configuration management.
• Track, manage and work to resolve all quality action items from ISO, SPICE and internal Project Process Audit (PPA).
• Guide and consult projects in technical aspects of quality processes.
• Review and approve software development life cycle (SDLC) artifacts as required.
• Analyze quality metrics and provide feedback to project and QA management.
• Receive and provide training on EB quality processes.
• Attend internal and client meetings as necessary.
• Travel as necessary to support quality assurance activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
• 3-5 years of software quality engineering experience
• Previous experience working with CMM, SPICE, ISO standards preferred.
• Good understanding of software engineering and processes such as Agile.
• Familiarity with software development life cycle artifacts.
• Ability to show proficiency with the Microsoft Office tools.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Communicative personality and proactive team player.
• Willingness to learn and improve.
• Accountable and customer focused.
• Detail-oriented and ability to follow through on tasks.
• Ability to work well in a global environment.
•Automotive and/or infotainment field experience.
•Familiarity with software programming languages: C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Windows and Unix shell scripts.