Software Engineer (Automotive Ethernet)
Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan (48331)
EB (www.elektrobit.com) is looking for a Software Engineer (Automotive Ethernet) to be a part of its Automotive Team. This is a full-time position available at our office in Farmington Hills, MI. We offer excellent benefits, matching 401k, 3 weeks’ vacation, gym reimbursement and much more!
EB is a fast growing global company with over 1,900 employees that provides leading edge technology solutions to the Automotive Industry. In the automotive space, EB is a leading global provider of software solutions to many car makers, including Audi, BMW, Ford, Mercedes, Porsche and Volkswagen, only to name a few. EB is at the forefront of the latest development in automotive software, including user interfaces, voice recognition, driver assistance, navigation software, and advanced smartphone connectivity features. The software we are working on is highly relevant as it becomes part of the driver experience and it enables new exciting features, such as AppLink for Ford’s SYNC technology.
The Software Engineer will work as part of a global team to support customer’s on- and off-site with in-vehicle communication related topics with the primary focus on automotive Ethernet.
Occasional travel will be required for customer support as well as for training purposes.
For this position, a combination of creativity, problem solving, software development, and customer interaction skills are required.
o Gather and analyze requirements
o Embedded software engineering
o Analyse features and capabilities of selected Ethernet components
o Develop concepts for and implement test setup of customer specified use cases on Ethernet benches
o Document test setup, findings, results, and provide input for customer project reports
o Support/Execute Ethernet components compliance testing
• Customer support
o First level of support for EB's customers in the Americas
o Conduct Ethernet trainings and workshops
o Collect feature requests from customers
• Experience with Embedded Ethernet
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree
• Good C programming skills
• Good programming skills in a scripting language (e.g Python)
• Good source/Assembly level debugging skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Good knowledge in embedded software development environments and tools including IDE, editors, compilers, linkers, debuggers and monitoring tools
• Good knowledge of 32-bit microcontrollers (e.g. NXP, Infineon, Freescale, Renesas etc.)
• Excellent listening and communications skills – written and verbal
• Ability to work independently and in small teams
Additional Skills (nice to have):
• Experience with AUTOSAR
• Hands-on experience with OEM/Tier1 infrastructure software (basic software)