Senior Project Manager (Infotainment)
Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan (48331)
EB (www.elektrobit.com) has a position open for Project Manager to be a part of its automotive software business in the USA. This is a full-time position available at our office in Farmington Hills, MI. We offer excellent benefits, matching 401k, 3 weeks vacation, gym reimbursement and much more!
EB is an award-winning and visionary global supplier of embedded solutions, cloud computing and services for the automotive industry. With more than 1,900 employee spanning 3 continents and 8 countries,
EB is a leader in automotive software with over 25 years serving the industry. Our products power over 70 million vehicles and offer flexible, innovative software solutions for connected car infrastructure, human machine interface (HMI) technologies, navigation, driver assistance, electronic control units (ECUs), and software engineering services. We’ve established deep relationships with car-makers and suppliers. We understand software development in the automotive industry, having worked with car-makers, including Audi, BMW, Daimler, Ford, GM, Volkswagen Group, Volvo, and more on their global technology.
EB is a wholly owned, independent subsidiary of Continental AG.
The Senior Project Manager will work as part of a global team to manage and lead software projects primarily in the areas of in-vehicle infotainment systems. The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of software industry experience with 1-2 years of proven leadership skills. Strong technical knowledge is required to manage technical scope.
• Manage software projects in the area of in-vehicle infotainment systems
• Ability to understand software requirements and software architectures
• Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor tasks
• Document and summarize project progress
• Prepare reports for upper management regarding project status
• Successfully coordinate various teams distributed across different time zones
• Ability to lead and direct the work of others
• Occasionally perform software engineering development tasks
• Technically knowledgeable about project details and engineering completeness
• Support recruiting activities to grow the project team as required
• Support monthly book closing activities related to the project
• BS/MS degree in CE/CS /EE
• Strong knowledge in C++ for development of real-time or embedded applications
• Track record of technical leadership
• Strong knowledge of software development processes and PM processes
• Outgoing personality and team player capabilities
• Excellent communication (verbal & written) skills
• Ability to work well in a global environment
• Exposure to automotive technologies is a plus